Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M Black Moving Magnet Cartridge - Styli/Cartridges
- The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond which slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Black Maintenance Set included the package:
Stylus brush, carbon fibre
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
1 x Stylus pressure gauge
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Shibata
Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
Internal inductance - 630 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. Please read about stylus care on our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series' engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2m Black LVB 250
- 2M Mono and 2M 78