Sony VPL-VW590ES 4K Projector - Sony Projectors
Our highest quality native 4K lamp projector
Treat your favourite movies to an incredible HDR experience with a 4K projector with 1,800 lumens brightness and advanced features.
X1™ for projector
Our X1™ for projector technology takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing technology and optimises it for projection. The processor combines innovative technologies for high-precision frame analysis, with features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution for high-quality images.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Our Dynamic HDR Enhancer on the Sony VPL-VW590ES 4K Home Theatre Projector processes HDR content frame by frame to deliver stunning contrast. It further enhances contrast in combination with iris, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker, for the ultimate HDR experience.
SXRD™ for uncompromising picture quality
Our advanced SXRD panel technology offers rich, inky blacks and clear cinematic motion and image smoothness. High heat and light resistance also ensures spectacularly high and stable brightness.
Super Resolution Reality Creation
The Sony VPL-VW590ES 4K Home Theatre Projector analyses every pixel of every image and then employs pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance crispness without increasing digital picture noise.
Digital Focus Optimiser
Again, each pixel of each image is analyzed using our own advanced algorithm to perform optimum image quality correction so that image focus is better than ever, even in the corners.
Our Motionflow technology on the Sony VPL-VW590ES 4K Home Theatre Projector adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness, creating smooth and clear motion even in 4K – ideal for sport.
- Display System – 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Display device – Size of effective display area 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels – 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Focus – Powered
- Zoom – Powered (Approx. x2.06)
Lens shift – Powered (Vertical: +85% -80% Horizontal: +/-31%)
- Light source – High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Recommended lamp replacement time – 6,000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
- Screen size – 60” to 300” (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
- Light output – 1,800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
- Colour light output – 1,800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
- Dynamic contrast – 350,000:1
- Horizontal – 19 kHz to 72 kHz
- Vertical – 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- 720 x 576/50p, 720 x 480/60p, 1280 x 720/50p, 1280 x 720/60p, 1920 x 1080/50i, 1920 x 1080/60i, 1920 x 1080/24p, 1920 x 1080/50p, 1920 x 1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p
- 18-languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
- HDMI1/HDMI2 *3 – Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
- Trigger1 / Trigger2 – Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- Remote – RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male)
- LAN – RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
- IR IN – Mini Jack
- USB – DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- X1 for projector
- 26 dB *4
- 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) / 35% to 85% (no condensation)
- -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F) / 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.6 A to 2.0 A, 50/60Hz
- 460 W
- Standby – 0.4 W (when “Remote Start” is set to “Off”)
- Networked Standby – 1.0W (LAN) (when “Remote Start” is set to “On”). When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W)
- After about 10 Minutes
- 3D capability – Yes
- 3D emitter – Built-in RD emitter
- 496 x 205 x 464 mm
- Approx. 14 kg / 31 lb
- RM-PJ24 Remote Commander (1)
- Size AA (R6) Manganese Batteries (2)
- Lens Cap (1)
- AC Power Cord (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)
- Quick Reference Manual (1)