Teac USB DAC Headphone Amplifier - DACs - Digital to Analog Converters & Bluetooth
Condensed high-end audio design philosophy and
audio design know-hows learned from over 6 decades of our experience
in a small cabinet as small as an A4-sized footprint.
The UD-505-X is a class-leading dual monaural USB DAC with an integrated fully-balanced headphone amplifier,
that fuses high-end audio design concepts and TEAC’s decades of audio design experience, in an A4-sized footprint.
The dual mono structure processes stereo signals with higher purity, and the D/A converter section uses
one ESS Technology ES9038 Q2M in each of the left and right channels.
This model achieves a high signal-to-noise ratio by using each DAC in mono mode.
Moreover, we upgraded it with high specifications that enable native playback of
22.5MHz DSD and 768kHz/32bit PCM formats. In the analog processing section,
which can be considered the key to audio quality, we include four TEAC-HCLD2 circuits.
These are improved versions of our previous TEAC-HCLD. For headphone output using the newly-adopted
diamond buffer circuit, in addition to two standard 6.3mm connectors, one 4.4mm 5-pole headphone connector
is available, enabling balanced connection and active ground connection with a single plug.
The Bluetooth® receiver supporting LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX HD™ allows you to enjoy
high-quality wireless audio streaming from your smartphone on this reference USB DAC.
New diamond buffer circuit for the headphone amplifier section
Employing a pair of 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jacks and a 4.4mm 5-pole jack for balance drive with either single or dual cable connection,while allowing you to connect two headphones simultaneously with single-end connection.
High quality wireless audio playback via Bluetooth®
Supporting Hi-Res quality wireless codec LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, in addition to conventional AAC and SBC codec, the UD-505-X allows you to enjoy high quality sound processed by high performance DACs at ease with your smartphone/tablet.
Available in modern silver and handsome black
High-performance VERITA AK4497 DACs supporting DSD512 and PCM32/768
* The AK4497 is the flagship product of the Asahi Kasei Microdevices Audio4pro™ family, which has been developed for professional audio equipment and high-end digital audio.
The UD-505 employs the latest VERITA AK4497 (developed by Asahi Kasei Microdevices) on each of the left and right channels. It is a highly-regarded high-end audio DAC, and supports DSD512 (22.5MHz) and 768kHz/32-bit PCM formats, achieving industry-leading ultra low distortion levels. OSRD (Over-sampling Ratio Doubler) technology, meanwhile, significantly reduces out-of-band noise. As a result, the UD-505 has the refinement necessary to make the most of Hi-Res formats, successfully processing information that lies outside the audible range.
Dual monaural circuit design and fully-balanced design
A dual monaural circuit configuration is used throughout, from the power supply (including power transformers), to the D/A converters in the digital section and the Analog output stage. From the high-performance VERITA AK4497 D/A converters to the massive toroidal-core power transformers, each element is configured for single channel processing. This prevents mutual interference effects while reproducing a rich acoustic expressiveness.
In addition, the Analog audio signals of both the left and right channels are processed in full balanced mode soon after the D/A converters all the way to the output terminal, contributing to an improved S/N ratio and extended dynamic range. This allows the fantastic sense of air that Hi-Res formats possess to be processed and conveyed.
Up-conversion up to 384kHz/32-bit PCM and 24.5MHz DSD
- Hi-Res audio playback supporting DSD512 (22.6MHz) and PCM 768kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual monaural circuit design with a high-end AKM VERITA AK4497 DAC on each left and right channel
- 5 types of PCM digital filters and 2 types of DSD digital filters
- Up-conversion up to 24.5MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual on-board clocks for 44.1kHz and 48kHz frequencies, and 10MHz external clock input
- Bluetooth® receiver supporting LDAC™ and Qualcomm® aptX™ HD
- TEAC-HCLD output buffer circuit and TEAC-QVCS volume control for high quality sound
- Dual toroidal-core power transformers
- Digital Isolator for separated digital and Analog sections
- 4.4mm 5-polar Pentaconn jack and dual 1/4” TRS jacks for balanced and active-ground drives * ”Pentaconn” is a registered trademark of NIPPON DICS Co., Ltd., complies with the RC-8141C JEITA standard
- TEAC’s patent-registered pin-point feet in three positions for the perfect installation * Japan patent No. 4075477 and No. 3778108
- Bulk Pet USB transferring technology with four transfer modes for various sound characters * ”Bulk Pet” is a registered trademark of Interface Corporation.
- USB audio port for Hi-Res audio input from Windows/Mac
- Coaxial and optical digital inputs on both front and back
- Convenient Analog LINE input to use the UD-505 as a pre-amplifier
- Analog outputs with balanced XLR and conventional unbalanced RCA outputs
- High-contrast full-graphic organic EL display with dimmer
- Full-metal body with an A4-sized footprint
- Free TEAC HR Audio Player for DSD512 and PCM32/768 playback
- Compliant with RoHS
*2 Japan patent No. 4075477 and No. 3778108
*3 ”Bulk Pet” is a registered trademark of Interface Corporation.
NZ$ 6,198.99NZ$ 5,390.43 excl GST