Project A1 Automatic Turntable - Pro-Ject Turntables
The fully automatic mechanism is engaged when you press start and the tonearm is automatically moved to the lead in groove of the record. Once playing, the automatic mechanism is completely taken out of the equation and does not affect the playback quality.
The A1 features an 8.3” ultra-light-mass aluminium tonearm. Together with the Ortofon OM10, which fits this design principle perfectly, we get extraordinary fast response and detail in terms of transients and microdynamics. Tracking force and anti-skating are factory pre-adjusted which make the A1 plug & play ready within a few seconds. This makes it perfect for vinyl beginners and experienced listeners alike as the sound quality is carried by all the audiophile features the A1 has on offer.
A little-known fact is that the OM series of cartridges have their developmental roots and legacy in ultra-light-mass tonearm designs. Pre-fitted and adjusted in our factory, it is the perfect partner for your A1.
Carbon fibre reinforced
The headshell is made of carbon fibre reinforced polymer which is super stable and rigid, while keeping the weight super low. The composite material results in excellent internal damping of resonances.
Heavy and avoids hollow spaces
The chassis avoids hollow spaces wherever possible, with just enough space to precision fit all the inner workings of the A1. As a result, the chassis’ heavy mass reduces unwanted resonances to a minimum.
Precision balanced aluminium
The damping ring on the inside adds weight and reduces resonances. In the last step the platter is turned and precision balanced to receive its fine edges and lowest wow and flutter deviations.
Built-in switchable preamp
If you don't have a phono preamplifier in your current HiFi setup you will benefit of the A1s built-in one. If you want to use another phono preamp, you can easliy switch it off.
Ready for singles & LPs
No need to change the belt position. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button & listen to your favourite LPs aswell as singles.
Handmade in Germany
The A1 is fully handmade in Germany and looks back on decades of experience. Paired with Pro-Ject technology, it sets new standards in automatic turntable design.
|Speed:||33, 45 (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle:||belt drive, fully automatic|
|Platter:||damped aluminium platter|
|Wow & flutter:||33: +/-0,27%; 45: +/-0,25%|
|Speed drift:||33: +/-0,75%; 45: +/-0,65%|
|Signal to noise:||65dB|
|Tonearm:||ultra-light-mass 8,3” aluminium tonearm|
|Effective arm length:||211mm|
|Included accessories:||15V DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover, 7‘‘ single adapter, feltmat, phono cable|
|Dimensions:||430 x 130 x 365 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight:||5,6 kg net|
“It makes listening to records a real pleasure“
• Take the record player out of the packaging, put on the dust cover and you‘re done.
• Especially those who just want to listen to records casually will be pleased with such an easy installation.
• In combination with the Ortofon OM 10 cartridge, the ultra-light aluminum tonearm is said to perfectly reproduce transients and microdynamics.
• The interface of Pro-Ject‘s A1 fully automatic turntable is a dream. We put on a record, pull the lever to „start“ and that‘s it. The rest runs automatically.
• The rotation of the turntable is perfect. The platter and motor are perfectly matched to each other.
• If the speakers are turned off, we only hear the needle, which is currently picking up the sound. This is really remarkable.
• We are properly surprised when we activate the internal amplifier of the Pro-Ject A1 record player. The sound is finer and even more detailed than before. The mids as well as trebles stand out softly and yet true to life. The bass is powerful and full.
“Better than ‘budget’“
• Man-oh-man, it sounds swell right out of the box.
• Believe me: the stock set-up will satisfy any newbie... and quite a few jaded veterans.
• This is more vibrant and inviting.
• Stability and solidity were the other early impressions.
• The airiness made it easy to hear each voice amidst the harmonies.
• What surprised me was the weight the A1 was able to deliver.
• The A1 reproduced this track with precisely the refinement needed.
• I was rewarded with a lushness I simply did not anticipate.
• There was top-to-bottom coherence.
• It’s not just as a champion of automation for which the A1 deserves recognition: it also proves that a sub-£400 all-in-one package can truly satisfy.